Weighed myself for the first time in a while. Slight weight gain, but about what I thought considering the creatine and lifting.
I'm still figuring out what my weight lifting routine will look like. Not sure it's good to do legs and back in the same day, since there is a lot of overlap. I did back first, then when I got to squats, my lower back was not enjoying the squatting much. So I think I'm going to separate those two.
But, today I did (with some warm-up sets not counted):
Pull Ups - 3 sets of 5 (had to jump a little, still can't do dead-hang pull ups)
Deadlifts - 3x5 @ 200lbs (that was every weight I had in my garage. Probably a good weight for me right now so I can work on form. I could probably max out around 245 right now, but it might be ugly).
One Arm dumbbell Rows - 3x10 @45lbs
Bent Over barbell row - 3x10 @97lbs (using a combo of weird weights and a cheap bar from yard sales and Goodwill, so some are 8.8 lbs and weird stuff like that)
Upright Rows - 3x10 @63lbs
Back extensions - 5x10
Then I did legs:
Squats - 3x10 @63lbs (starting really light because I still have major issues with squat form)
Back Lunges - 3x6 on each leg @63lbs
Front Lunges - 3x3 on each leg @52lbs (my knee started to feel weird after the back lunges, so I took it down a bit)
Jump Overs 3x10 over 18.5" box (actually jumped over my archery target)
Stiff Leg Deadlift - 3x10 @ 78lbs
Looking to build quickly on some of these, but starting out safe and focusing on strengthening my lower back without aggravating it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment