I've started on a more structured exercise plan and will be logging runs and cycling there.
I'm trying to start a basic traithlon workout (haven't figured out the swimming yet, but want to alternate running and cycling for now). I'm going to start with two light runs a week, then a longer run on the weekend, as well as a lighter cycling day and a longer cycling day. Then in June I'm going to go back to Crossfit 2 days a week and try to keep in one light run, one longer run and one longer bike ride.
By July I want to go to Crossfit 3 days a week and keep in one long run and one long bike ride. We'll see how that goes and adjust accordingly.
Right now that would be too much for proper recovery between activities, but I'm hoping my weight will be down significantly by then, so the Crossfit workouts will not hit me as hard as they used to. I will also adjust my diet accordingly so I'm not in such a calorie deficit (as well as using supplements to try to not fall apart while doing all this with a calorie deficit).
I've been listening to the Ben Greenfield Fitness podcast, which is the best podcast I've found so far. I searched for triathlon podcasts just to see what was out there and I downloaded a few different ones, but this is the only one I liked. Funny enough, the 5 or 6 shows I've listened to haven't really discussed triathlon much, but I like the detail oriented discussions of supplements and fitness topics.
So, from that I've decided to try to use a few supplements to help me out. I still don't believe in "fat loss" pills (at least not at this point when I still have a significant amount of weight to lose the old fashioned way). But I want to try using some essential amino acids to help with muscle recovery while on such a calorie deficit, as well as vitimin C and any anti-inflamatories I can find. I've been eating Brazil nuts and almonds, but I'm going to work in a fish oil or other fatty acid.
Don't have that part totally figured out yet, maybe I'll get a book or pay for a trainer to put it all together at some point. I'm not there yet, there is still plenty I can do on my own.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment