I've always been bad about tracking fitness progress, so I'm going to try to list out some basics and hopefully if I remember to do this again in a few months, I'll have something to compare it to.
1 Rep Max lifts:
Squat - ? My squat form still sucks. I have to take a extra-wide stance to keep my heels from lifting, but that stance robs me of all my power. I think the problem all stems from my stiff hips, which I'm going to try to aggressively "open", and I'll probably have to put in some work on my back. Until I can get the basic form right, I'm not going to attempt any significant weight.
Deadlift - 255
Bench - ? Maybe I'll try to find out what my current max bench is this week. I would guess it's around 185. The last few times I've benched, I've felt much weaker than I was expecting.
Clean & Jerk: ? A few months ago I determined my max, but I've totally forgotten. I'll have to try to establish this as well.
Snatch: ? I've been working with 65 lbs, but the main issue is my left shoulder still feels very unstable and has popped out a couple times when I've pushed the weight up, so it will probably take a while for me to build that shoulder up. Much like the squat, I don't expect to be pushing myself on this one for a while.
Push Press: I think I maxed out at 145 last time we did this. It might have been 155, but I'll take the lower of the two for now.
Pull Ups: Almost 1! I have to get a little jumping start, but I can pull myself the rest of the way up and slowly lower myself down.
Chin Ups: I can hang at about the half way up point and hold for a few seconds, but I've got a bit more work to do on this.
Not a very impressive collection of stats, but I have to start somewhere. I've been stronger in the past, but I've never been this fit overall (I was 100lbs heavier at my strongest, so I could deadlift, bench and clean more, but I couldn't come close to a pull up or do many push-ups).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment