Monday, August 4, 2014

209 - Ran Spartan Sprint on Saturday (photo)

I ran the Spartan Sprint at Washougal MX Park on Saturday, it was a great course and definitely a lot harder than the Rugged Maniac courses I've done.  I finished in 1 hour 49 minutes, which put me about 780th place (out of 4611 people).  I'd like to do the Super & Beast length Spartan courses next year. 

But, my weight has ballooned suddenly, which I'm guessing is partly due to swelling, and I wasn't eating that great leading up to the race, so I expect the weight to come back down.

My attempts to cut calories over the last couple weeks failed miserably.  I'm not really sure why.  I ate significantly less, but gained about .2 per day until I hit 206, then jumped to today's 209.  The lesson learned is that I'm going to have to actually count and track calories if I want to keep losing weight, the easy days of just "eating less" are gone, I'm not fat enough for guess-work anymore.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment