Monday, October 14, 2013

Zombie Apocalypse Run - Official time

I ran in the Zombie Apocalypse race on Saturday.  It was pretty fun and I learned a few things.  I need to be a little more confident and start farther up in the pack (at least for "fun runs", where half the people don't try very hard).  I spent much of the race just navigating around crowds of walkers. 

As far as my time, it turns out that the lead runner took a wrong turn and everybody followed him, so we ended up running about 3.5 miles.  That accounts for at least a few minutes of added time over my previous 5k runs.  Overall, I'm pretty happy with that.  The course was on dirt, gravel, corn field, etc, and had a few small hills, so it was a good little test of how I would do on unknown terrain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment