I ended up rambling on a lot longer than I intended, so I thought I'd copy it over here.
I'm at 288.2 as of this morning. It seems to hold for a day or two, then drop 2 pounds, then hold again.
-----------------
Slow and steady may win the race, but I can't get excited about a race that slow. I don't watch golf or sailing for just that reason.
I've been hanging out on this message board and don't see many people going on crazy "Biggest Loser"-style programs.
Just curious if I'm the only one.
I also know that I should probably keep my head down until I've managed to stick to this crazy program for a little longer, as anybody can start a crazy program, it takes a true nut to finish it.
Assuming I don't flake out, I'm off to a good start.
In the last month, I've gone from 312 to 288, which is actually short of my target, but I'll take what I can get.
I don't like to publicly admit failure, so I'm hoping the more I document my goals, the less likely I will be to quit and hope nobody notices.
I want to get back into competing in Judo or Jiu Jitsu. Maybe take an amateur boxing match.
I'd like to get down to around 225 (I'm 6' 3" and reasonably muscular, so that would be a pretty good weight for me), before I start all that training again. It is great exercise, but often leads to injuries that make it hard to keep up a really consistent weight loss. I want to focus on the weight loss for a few months, then focus on training.
Well, this ended up being a lot longer then what I had in mind when I started typing.
Anybody else want to add their plans/goals so everybody else can harass you if you don't stick to it?
-Mike
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment